Sunday, November 1, 2009

11/1/09 Blog Reflection

1. My observations in my blog usually relate specific examples to the larger theme of the book. I often take quotes and use them to either support the author's ideas or criticize the book. I will take quotes from any part of the story and use them in order to get a better sense of what the author is truly saying in his story. I focused mainly on the book in general and how it relates to views today or how it describes its own purpose. The blogging experience really helped me as a reader. I had to look deeper into normal quotes and I had to get a context of the lines surrounding the quote. The blogging experience helped me to understand the hardest parts of my books as I was able to write my ideas out.
2. My goal for blogging in the second quarter is to look deeper into quotes and specific moments and maybe to provide a little more context. Most of the quotes in my blog have very vague context and for anyone seeing my blog to understand the quote, I must give them more information. I would like to improve my conclusions of these blogs because I am usually unable to sum up that part of the story or the idea in a way different than that of the author. I would like to make my blogs clearer as I feel they are often clouded with random ideas such as a list of notes and observations. I am interested in what I write in blogs but not so much that I would edit it until I feel it is perfect. To get me further excited about blogs I would like to see extra credit points be given out each week to two people with the best and most imaginative blogs. This would inspire me to try and write better blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment