Thursday, April 1, 2010

4/1/10 Genre Plans

Through out my independent reading this school year, I have encompassed a variety of genres. I have read non-fiction, fiction, historical-fiction, comedy, and classic books. I read The World is Flat which may have had multiple opinions in it but contained facts and stories about things that actually happened. For fiction, Catch22 and Hocus Pocus were books that included made up stories. I believe that Don Quixote counts as historical fiction as although it is a made up character, it is based on characteristics of people at the time. For comedy, Hocus Pocus, is clearly a comedic book as most of it is based on jokes and an ironic plot meant to make the reader laugh. Finally, Don Quixote classifies as a classic book/novel as it has been around for a long time and has been seen and read as a great work of literature. For the 4th quarter, I would like to read a mystery and possibly a horror book. Those are two genres I have yet to read. For this quarter, Don Quixote has been my favorite read. It is such a thrilling comedy and ironic storyline that it captured my imagination quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment