Saturday, January 23, 2010
End of Youth in Revolt
I have almost finished Youth in Revolt and I now see why the book has to be classified as a great read. Its hilarious comedy through the use of the weirdest situations does not end. Everything seemed to be going well for Nick Twisp for a short time. Having taken on the fake persona of Carlotta, Nick was living in the same house as Sheeni and was able to see her every day. Then on one miraculous day Nick got the news that he was no "filthy, stinking, obnoxiously rich! [He was] wallowing in wealth. [He was] green with proseperity"(448). Nick seemed to have everything he could have ever wanted. That was until C.D.Payne showed us yet another twist as Nich faced "FRESH HORRIBLE, NIGHTMARISH DISASTERS" (467). These included him losing his newly found wealth and him then becoming homeless. Mind you, this is almost near the end of the book. C.D.Payne does not let up on the onsluaght of events that seem to make the reader laugh and read more and more each time. The author has made young Nich Twisp a relatable character that seems to end up in situations that no one else could attempt to. This story is truly a classic tail of comedy from start to finish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you explain where you in the book. It helps give the viewer more of a background as to at what part of the book you are at and it helps with understanding different parts. You give great details and insight to the charcters, which also helps with the comprehension.I like how you give your praise to the author, because judgin on your enthusiasum for this book, I can see that he desreves it. Your blog really allows people to look deep into the book and see if people would read this book. Overall, I really like your blog and believe that it is very interesting and insightful.
ReplyDelete